Teacher Resources and Loan Boxes
Our Key Stage 1 and 2 resources are designed to support teachers and enrich school curriculum themes. These resources can also help schools and groups get the most out of their museum visit. The following themes can be downloaded or printed copies are available on request.
- Trade in North Devon – Understand how Barnstaple became a place for trade and meet the North Devon characters who traded with the world.
- Fishing for History – A collection of drama workshops, shanties and songs celebrating the rich fishing history of Devon
- Fishing for History (pack 1)
- Fishing for History (pack 2)
- First World War – Royal Devon Yeomanry in Palestine
- First World War – Royal Devon Yeomanry in Gallipoli and Dujailah
- Second World War – D-Day in North Devon
Loan Box Resource
Our loan boxes contain original museum items and resource packs to enrich and support national curriculum themes. These are available for use by schools, home educators and any other educational providers.
The box is collected and returned to museum reception and charged at the rate of £10.00 per week (the hirer is then invoiced through North Devon Council). The following loan boxes are available, –
Please contact the museum to book and to check availability. If your school or community group would like a member of museum staff to present a loan box theme see our Outreach and Community section for information and charges.